Bill Miller, President and CEO of the American Gaming Association, and Andy Abboud, Senior Vice President of Government Relations for Las Vegas Sands, will be keynote speakers at the Winter Meeting of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS), December 12-14 at the Hyatt Regency Austin.
Miller will deliver the welcome address on Monday, December 13, and Abboud will be the luncheon keynote speaker the same day.
Miller has more than three decades of experience on Capitol Hill and representing business interests. He served as Senior Vice President at Business Roundtable, overseeing all outreach to Capitol Hill and the Administration on behalf of the association of chief executive officers of leading U.S. corporations. Since joining the AGA in 2019, his impact and voice have been significant for the industry’s advancement.
Abboud joined Las Vegas Sands in 1998 and directs all company government relations in markets where the company operates and proposes to expand. Prior to joining the company, he worked on numerous local, state, and federal campaigns. Abboud has been at the forefront of several community initiatives, including the creation and development of the Sands Responsible Gaming Program.
The three-day NCLGS Winter Meeting is open to the public and the agenda includes:
- Six legislator-chaired Committee sessions that will focus on critical aspects of gaming, as follows:
- Committee on Casinos: The Future of Brick-and-Mortar Casinos in a Changing World
- Committee on Emerging Forms of Gaming: Adopting New Technologies
- Committee on Indian Gaming: Finding a Level Playing Field in the Digital Future
- Committee on Lotteries: Building a Digital Future for Lotteries
- Committee on Pari-Mutuels: Horseracing’s uncertain future – an industry at a crossroads
- Committee on Responsible Gaming: Identifying, Adopting Best Practices
- A special session of a Select Committee on Inclusion and Diversity
- Two International Masters of Gaming Law Masterclass sessions
- Two evening networking receptions
For panel descriptions please clickhere.
NCLGS is the only organization of state lawmakers that meets on a regular basis to discuss issues relating to gaming. Members of NCLGS serve as chairpersons or members of state legislative committees responsible for the regulation of gaming in their state legislative houses. NCLGS does not promote or oppose gaming but is primarily concerned with the regulation and economic and social impacts of the industry. The NCLGS Foundation is the educational and research arm of NCLGS. The 501(c)(3) non-profit is a source of non-partisan data on issues of gaming legislation and regulation. Learn more about NCLGS at https://www.nclgs.org/.